Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

chibichiii
    Participant

Okay so this is a problem I only noticed after I had been playing around with several header templates.

Here’s a link again to see for yourself https://merlinsmythandmagic.net/news/

If I use the Template Centered Branding with Menu Below the plugin works great and my menu is shown as it should be.

But If I change to any other template, my ubermenu does not seem to integrate with the wordpress menu. Instead of the Ubermenu functions it shows a standard wordpress menu. It does show the correct menu which has been assigned to “Header” location.

So here’s where it get’s a little weird. If I set the template to Branding on the right with menu on the left I assumed the location for the menu it would use is “Header left” right? Wrong, if I assign the main navigation to the location “Header Left” and unlocate the basic “Header” menu the theme gives me the message that the menu is either empty or non existing.

When I put my “Header” location set on the main menu as well the menu shows, but as stated above does not integrate with my Ubermenu.

So I’m pretty sure the menu locations aren’t working as they should be.

So hopefully you can look into this as well.

Thanks!

Intense Visions
    Keymaster

Hello!

We’re not sure what could be going on with the Ubermenu, in regards to the various different header templates and the results that you’re seeing. We may need to see about getting temporary access to your site to see exactly what’s going on.

As for the menu location with the left/right templates. With most of our templates, the “Header” location is the menu that is used. “Header Left” and “Header Right” can be used if you want to split the menu. As an example, if you wanted a layout like our Wedding demo, with the logo in the center and the menu split on either side of the logo, the “Header Left” and “Header Right” menus would be used.

Thanks!

chibichiii
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

chibichiii
    Participant

Hey there,

Just some additional information I came to find to this issue.
    After vigurously testing all the header templates I came to the conclusion there are only 2 of them not working with the Ubermenu.

The Branding Left Menu Right
    The Menu Left Branding Right

The other templates all automatically intergrate just fine.

Just thought that would be useful to know to shrink down the search for the fault.

Intense Visions
    Keymaster

It’s funny that you bring this up. I was just in your site trying to figure out what was going on with the two particular templates. You are correct, the other templates load the UberMenu correctly. I’ll keep looking into it and let you know once we have a fix.

Thanks for letting us know your findings.

Josh

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.