Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

davidjohnson101
    Participant

http://anewhealthierme.com/recipe/three-bean-vegetarian-chili/

I’m using the BeaverBuilder Theme, which I do have set to full width but I’m not having the same issue with regular posts:

http://anewhealthierme.com/post-4/

P.S. Yes, I’m the guy who was chatting with one of you on the BeaverBuilder forum. It was your willingness to help that made me buy the plugin right away. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.

davidjohnson101
    Participant

Looks like the same is happening with Book Custom Post type:

http://anewhealthierme.com/book/the-china-study/

Intense Visions
    Keymaster

David,

Hello!

Thank you for purchasing Intense. It was happenstance that I found the BeaverBuilder forum. It was interesting to read the comments.

I do see what you’re saying about the template. I will say, it’s hard for us to deal with single post templates. We don’t know exactly how your theme builds the headers and footers, so we do the best we can. I am not familiar with the BeaverBuilder theme, so I cannot say the best way to get the single post template to display exactly how you want. One thing you can do is to add two functions to your theme or child theme’s functions file. These functions will add content before and after the code generated by our single post template. This will allow you to better control the layout. I’ve added some code that looks like it might correct the issue you’re seeing.

add_action( 'intense_before_main_content', 'intense_before_main_content' );
    function intense_before_main_content() {
    	echo '<div class="fl-row fl-row-fixed-width fl-row-bg-none">' . 
    		'<div class="fl-row-content-wrap">' . 
    		'<div class="fl-row-content fl-row-fixed-width fl-node-content">';
    }

add_action( 'intense_after_main_content', 'intense_after_main_content' );
    function intense_after_main_content() {
    	echo '</div>' .
    		'</div>' .
    		'</div>';
    }

Please let me know if this doesn’t work.

Thanks,

Josh

davidjohnson101
    Participant

Thank you Josh for taking the time to assist. I first put the code in my child theme and then in the main themes function file. It didn’t work. Any more ideas? I’m going to reach out to BeaverBuilder as well and see if they have any ideas.

davidjohnson101
    Participant

This worked:

add_action( 'intense_before_main_content', 'intense_before_main_content' );
    function intense_before_main_content() {
    	echo '<div class="container">';
    }

add_action( 'intense_after_main_content', 'intense_after_main_content' );
    function intense_after_main_content() {
    	echo '</div>';
    }

davidjohnson101
    Participant

Oh, that was from BeaverBuilder. I’m not smart enough to do that myself.

Intense Visions
    Keymaster

David,

I’m glad that you (or BeaverBuilder) were able to get it to work. I wasn’t sure exactly what the code was going to have to be, but I knew that the issue was that something needed added before the content (and after to close the code).

If you have any other issues, please let us know.

Thanks,

Josh

davidjohnson101
    Participant

It might be related to the same issue but if you take a look at the home page, scroll down to the bottom and you will see the comment form there. I have the boxes on the page unticked so it shouldn’t show. When I take out the recipe shortcode it goes away:

http://anewhealthierme.com/

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by davidjohnson101. Reason: typo

Intense Visions
    Keymaster

David,

Hello!

So, when you remove the recipe custom post shortcode, the comment boxes go away, but they remain if the shortcode is there?

That seems very odd to me. I think we’d have to look into this further to track down what is actually going on. You can add a ticket if you go to the Support page, then go to “Tickets”. These tickets are only visible to us. If we can get temporary access, we’ll look into the issue further.

Thanks,

Josh

davidjohnson101
    Participant

Done, thank you sir.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.