Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

chibichiii
    Participant

Hey there,

I got a small issue on my page with a shortcode not entirely working as it should

https://merlinsmythandmagic.net/galleries/captures/

Here you can see at the bottom of the page, that the columns each show a seperate Prev Next navigation. I have tried turning this off by using navigation_position=”none” didn’t work.

Than I went into general settings from intensity and turned the Prev | Next Nav entirely off under the Blog settings. Turned it off on the catagory pages but not in the shortcode.

Now the thing is, I use the exact same shortcode twice on the page.

Once here:

https://merlinsmythandmagic.net/pictures/

And once here:

https://merlinsmythandmagic.net/galleries/captures/

Same shortcode:

[intense_custom_post post_type="galleries" taxonomy="gallery-category" template="one_image" categories="stills-season-1" order_by="title" posts_per_page="13" order="asc" show_author="0" show_meta="0" meta_show_comments="0" meta_show_author="0" meta_show_categories="0" meta_show_date="0" show_filter="0" filter_effects="fade, scale" image_size="square400" hover_effect="9" hover_effect_color="#000000" is_masonry="1" masonry_size="3" masonry_medium_size="3" masonry_small_size="1" masonry_extra_small_size="1"]

The only difference is that the size of the columns are different. On Pictures the shortcode is in a Tab than in a size 6 column.

On Captures the shortcode is in only in a column size 2.

The created effect is to have all the same episode numbers next to each other so each column has it’s own shortcode. As I want them listed vertical and not horizontal I placed them in columns.

As I also did on the page here:

https://merlinsmythandmagic.net/episodes/

The only difference between these two though, is that these shortcodes are generating certain post ID’s instead of a certain taxanomy.

Would you please help me get rid of the navigation below the shortcode generatred custom posts?

That would be very helpful!

Thanks in Advance

Intense Visions
    Keymaster

Hello!

It sounds like you’ve made all the right decisions to try to turn off the Prev/Next buttons.

If there are only going to be 13 for each season, what you can do is add a post_count option to the shortocde. This will limit the number of posts that will be returned. Since you have the “post_per_page” option already set, you can add post_count as well, which will force one page.

[intense_custom_post post_type="galleries" taxonomy="gallery-category" template="one_image" categories="stills-season-1" order_by="title" posts_per_page="13" post_count="13" order="asc" show_author="0" show_meta="0" meta_show_comments="0" meta_show_author="0" meta_show_categories="0" meta_show_date="0" show_filter="0" filter_effects="fade, scale" image_size="square400" hover_effect="9" hover_effect_color="#000000" is_masonry="1" masonry_size="3" masonry_medium_size="3" masonry_small_size="1" masonry_extra_small_size="1"]

We’ll see if we can track down why the two pages show different results, but I think adding the post_count will do what you’re looking for, especially if you are wanting to limit the results to 13.

If this doesn’t help, please let us know.

Thanks!

chibichiii
    Participant

Thank you, adding the post_count to the shortcode indeed removed the Prev|Next Navigation below the custom posts 🙂

chibichiii
    Participant

Unfortunately my happiness was a little too early, apparantly it wasn’t adding the post count that did the trick but removing the masonry from the shortcode.

Now on another page where I need the masonry in the shortcode I have the same problem again.

Even with post count set I get the prev and next navigation below my custom post shortcodes.

Also another thing I noticed, is although on the blog settings the prev next nav is turned off on my custom posts it still shows also on the individual posts so not just below the shortcodes.

For some reason the custom posts do not abide by the settings.

Hope you can look into this for me.

chibichiii
    Participant

One more notification something I noticed, it only happens in shortcodes that are used on Custom Posts. It doesn’t happen to the shortcodes that are placed on normal pages.

So to summarize what I found out:

The navigation dissapears on the captures page once the masonry=”1″ is removed from the shortcode. The post_count does not make a difference.

The captures however is a custom post “gallery”

While the same shortcode with the masonry added on the pictures page does not show a navigation.

I am fairly certain by now that the issue somehow lies with the custom posts not using the setting from intense to remove the nav.

chibichiii
    Participant

Any news on this problem?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.