Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

n00bdesign
    Participant

“Sorry, something unexpected occurred during installation.”
    • This error is most likely due to your server environment settings. Typically the server execution time limit is too low or there isn’t enough memory available. Ask your host to increase the PHP max_execution_time and/or the memory_limit settings.

My hosting is “Managed WordPress” from Godaddy, and I don’t have control to change these settings, so what can I do? Is there a way to MANUALLY upload the demo content? Documentation is extremely sparse.

rigo_1
    Participant

Hi, geht mir genauso.
    Und ich habe genug Speicher und das Timeout habe ich auch schon auf das Maximum gesetzt.
    Bei mir kommt nur die Meldung das etwas unerwartetes passiert sei.

Egal was für eine Umgebung man hat es Funktioniert nicht bei mir.
    Habe es auf einem V-Host getestet.
    Dann habe ich es auf einem Rootserver getestet bei dem ich alle einstellungen hochschraubte.

Nun habe ich sogar einen extra Server nur für dieses Theme genommen, da ich damit etwas grösseres vorhabe sollte das nicht das problem sein.

Nun ist es aber doch das problem weil die Demoinstallation nach wie vor nicht funktioniert.

Ich hatte gehofft mir dadurch viel zeit zu sparen, nun habe ich dadurch schon viel zeit verloren.

Nicht gut mein fazit

English:
    Hi, I feel the same.
    And I have enough memory and the timeout I have already set to the maximum.
    For me just get the message that had happened something unexpected.

No matter what kind of environment you have it not work with me.
    Have it tested on a V host.
    Then I tested it on a dedicated server in which I highly screwed all settings.

Now I have even taken an extra server for this theme only because I thus somewhat larger intend should not be the problem.

Now it is but the problem because the demo installation does not work as before.

I had to save a lot of time hoping to me by now I have thus lost much time.

Not good My conclusion

best regards

n00bdesign
    Participant

So I have done everything, including changing the PHP max_execution_time and/or the memory_limit settings as suggested by Documentation. Still does not work. Please provide us with manual install files for Demo Content.

Intense Visions
    Keymaster

Guys,

We’re sorry that there have been so many problems. We did just get an update for the theme approved that should fix the demo install problems. The latest version is 1.0.8. To fix the issue, you will have to install the latest theme and also the latest Intense plugin. This update also includes some performance updates for the WordPress admin.

You shouldn’t have to be doing all the work that you’re doing, we understand that. We are trying to get everything working as smoothly as possible. Since releasing the theme, we’ve had a number of issues on our end as well, including our servers being down for nearly half a day, to issues like you’re experiencing. This demo install issue was due to a problem in our code. We tried to performance tune the theme and plugin and happened to cause an issue that we didn’t catch right away. Unfortunately, that issue caused problems for each of you. We apologize for that.

Please download and install the latest version of Intensity, along with the Intense plugin and let us know if you still have the same problems.

Thanks!

n00bdesign
    Participant

As per your directions, I uninstalled and reinstalled the theme (v1.0.8). The demo will STILL not install.

Intense Visions
    Keymaster

Hello!

We’ve done a lot more testing and have made some more changes to the demo install process. The changes include a window that will keep you updated of the progress of the install. We tracked the process of the demo installs from start to finish and found where the hangup was. This fix should correct the problems. Check out this zip file. In this zip file, you’ll find three files. Here is the name of the file and where it needs to be placed in the Intensity theme.

logo-animated.gif – /intensity/assets/img/
    demos.php – /intensity/inc/options/
    intensity-demo-import.php – /intensity/inc/tools/

Once these files are in place, try the demo install again. Please let us know if you continue to have problems.

We do apologize for the issues.

Thanks!

n00bdesign
    Participant

All that did for me was give me a better looking “Sorry, something unexpected occurred during installation” notification. Additionally, there is no way to escape the notification (requires page reload). Can you please just provide us with a ZIP of the content files for the different demos with FTP installation instructions? Or better yet, put them in the theme folder for everyone else who might pick up the theme in the future? My client pre-paid me for this project so I am very frustrated that I cannot give him what he wants as fast as I usually can. Thank you.

Intense Visions
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

n00bdesign
    Participant

As requested, I have emailed the requested information to your support@intensevisions.com address.

bankermarketing1023
    Participant

Was there ever a solution here? I am having the same issue.

Intense Visions
    Keymaster

bankermarketing1023,

We do have an update that may help get the demos to work better. With n00bdesign, we were able to get the demo to install after deactivating other plugins aside from Intense. It seems that there may be a plugin that is causing an issue with our import process. We haven’t been able to pinpoint which plugin or plugins are causing our import to not work. Once we can track down a plugin that causes the problem, we’ll be able to find a solution. I would suggest that for the sake of importing, disable all plugins aside from Intense and then re-activate them after the import.

Here is the zip file that should help with the import. Below is the list of files included in the zip file and where the files need to be placed inside of the theme.

logo-animated.gif – /intensity/assets/img/
    demos.php – /intensity/inc/options/
    intensity-demo-import.php – /intensity/inc/tools/
    intense.php – /intensity/inc/integrations/

If you still have problems, we will gladly take a look and try to find what might be causing the problem. We’ve found that there may be a conflict with a plugin or plugins that cause the demos to not install properly. We just haven’t been able to pinpoint what plugin or plugins are causing problems.

If you want us to take a look, send us login information to support@intensevisions.com and let us know which demo you want to install and we’ll get in and see what we can do.

Thanks!

n00bdesign
    Participant

The Dev Team explained that my issues was most likely due to the use of the Cherry Plugin. Disable/Uninstall it if you are currently using it on your site.

wittka
    Participant

After files swap, there was a nicer view while importing demo content (only Intense plugin was activated) and there was no errors.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.