Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

vj2k
    Participant

Does intense support creation of new custom post types?
    If yes how do we do it
    Vijay

Intense Visions
    Keymaster

Vijay,

Hello!

Intense doesn’t support the creation of new custom post types from within the plugin, but you can use other plugins to do so (Types is a really good one). The custom post types that you create will work in the “Custom Post Type” shortcode. You’ll be able to select the custom post type and choose from the various different layout templates that are available for the blog layouts. The single post template will use the theme’s layout.

If you do use Types to create your custom post types, you can use the ACF/Custom Fields plugin that is included with Intense to add the different fields for each post type. If this menu item is not currently available in your WordPress menu, it is likely turned off in the Intense admin settings. To turn it on, go to the Intense admin options, then to the Extras tab. Once on the Extras tab, turn on the “ACF/Custom Fields Menu Item” option.

If you need any help, please let us know.

Thanks!

vj2k
    Participant

Thanks

vj2k
    Participant

Hi,

I have to create a page similar to http://swimmingfederation.in/unitsofsfi.php

In this case I have created a Custom post type using Types and used ACF included in the theme to add meta fields for
    1. Name of person
    2. Position
    3. Address
    4. Email

When I use a shortcake for the CPT
    [intense_custom_post post_type="unit" template="two_text_inside" template_content="full_post" order="asc" posts_per_page="30" infinite_scroll="1" show_author="0" show_meta="0" meta_template="text" meta_show_comments="0" meta_show_author="0" meta_show_categories="0" meta_show_date="0" show_filter="0" filter_effects="fade, scale"]

I get a result as shown

When I look at creating a template using the template CPT I am unable to find a units CPT in the drop down list

Please help

Intense Visions
    Keymaster

Vijay,

Hello!

Currently, the Template CPT doesn’t support custom post types that are not included in Intense. The Post Fields shortcode options are all added into the dropdowns manually (meaning the dropdowns are pre-built and are not dynamic). That’s not to say that what you’re trying to do cannot be accomplished with Intense, it’s just saying that you won’t be able to use the Templates CPT to accomplish your goal.

You can create your own template with PHP and include it in Intense. Take a look at this page, and let us know if you have any questions. As long as you know the field names, it shouldn’t be bad to do. You could use the “Two Text” template as a starting point, then modify it to work for your post type and fields. I would suggest saving the template file in your child theme (so an update to your theme or Intense doesn’t overwrite the template). You could save the template as a blog template as long as you named the template so you know what it was. The template would show in the template dropdown for the Custom Post shortcode.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks!

Josh

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.